ACCOMPLISHMENTS BY MY STUDENTS
What could be more exciting for a teacher than to celebrate the success of writers she has mentored? I’m honored to have had the opportunity to offer critiques of the drafts of all the work featured here. I commend these writers for their focus and devotion, and I heartily congratulate them for these accomplishments.
- Supposing She Dreamed This by Gail Wallace Bozzano, short story chapbook, June 2016, Michigan Writers Cooperative Press
- The Geography of Water by Mary Emerick, novel, 2015 University of Alaska Press
- North of Hope: A Daughter’s Arctic Journey by Shannon Polson, memoir published by Zondervan
- The Shadow of the Evening by Laura Brylawski-Miller, novel published by Eloquent Books
- The Honor Was Mine by Elizabeth Heaney, memoir published by Grand Harbor Press, September 2016
Stories & Essays
- “The Neighbors Will Take the Chickens” by Nancy Parshall, flash fiction published in KYSO Flash.
- “Darcy’s Law” by Heather Clitheroe, short story, published in the May bundle of Geeky Giving.
- “Colorado Mining Memories” by Steven Wade Veatch, essay, published in Deposits Magazine.
- “Duty Rack” by Jerri Bell, flash fiction published in Pleiades Magazine.
- “Her Husband’s Stars” by Jerri Bell, flash fiction published in Consequence Magazine.
- “Supposing She Dreamed This” by Gail Wallace Bozzano, short story published in Grub Street.
- “Greyhound” by David Chatt, creative nonfiction published in Great Smokies Review.
- “Role Playing” by Nancy Wood, creative nonfiction published in Great Smokies Review.
- “North Pole” by Steven Wade Veatch, essay published in Ute Country News.
- “A Mother’s Journey” by Susan Radzilowski, essay published in One Teacher in Ten: Third Edition (Beacon Press, 2015), edited by Kevin Jennings.
- “Cuts Both Ways” by Heather Clitheroe, short story published in Lightspeed Magazine.
- “Wild Things Got to Go Free” by Heather Clitheroe, short story published in Beneath Ceaseless Skies.
- “Coaltown” by Heather Clitheroe, short story published in Genus Loci anthology.
- “Feels Like Despair” by Gail Wallace Bozzano, essay published in Chicago Literati.
- “Mourning Cloak” by Gail Wallace Bozzano, essay published in Cactus Heart.
- “Wrestling with Myself” by Julia Poole, essay published in Moon Magazine and in Motherlode: Essays on Parenting anthology.
Programs & Events
- Amy Tavern accepted into California College of the Arts MFA program.
- Nancy Parshall read “Real Calcutta,” a flash nonfiction piece, at the Dunes Review launch in Michigan.
- Amy Mindell accepted into Vermont College of Fine Arts low-res MFA in Writing program.
- Gail Wallace Bozzano was awarded the 2015 Rubin Fellowship from the Ragdale Foundation.
- Amy Zahm accepted into Eastern Oregon University’s low-res MFA in Creative Writing program.
- Pat Adelhardt delivered her first public reading from her memoir at Fishtrap’s Fireside reading series, October 2014.